Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend Photo Dump

Hey, my bike fits in my tent.... cool.
Mmmmmmm.... Gravel...
Mmmmmmm.... Gravel...
Sunset on a gravel road in Iowa.
Hey, my bike fits in my tent.... cool.
Tractor Ride..... think RAGBRAI for tactors
Tractor Ride..... think RAGBRAI for tactors
Noah drinking out of the spring
Valley Ave, between 380th and 390th....
Valley Ave, between 380th and 390th.... It's all about the shoes....
Valley Ave, between 380th and 390th....
Valley Ave, between 380th and 390th....
Valley Ave, between 380th and 390th....
Valley Ave, between 380th and 390th....
Valley Ave, between 380th and 390th....
Red Winged Black Bird...... a worthy adversary and my constant companion while riding.
The trail kicked me out at the Minnesota border.
Pinicon Alders Wildlife Area trail North of Bailey
Pinicon Alders Wildlife Area trail North of Bailey
Windmill
Cabin at Pinicon Alders Wildlife Area
Stacyville

6 Comments:

Blogger Jay Dub said...

You sir, have awesome weekends.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Michael Meiser said...

can't beat that last comment so I'll just secont it. :)

Bet that Karate Monkey handles awesome on the back roads.

BTW, I'm very interested in your tent. It looks light and practical... spacious. I've seen them used alot for alpine but I'm wondering how they work in mosquito land?

9:52 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hey Michael! My tent is a GoLite Hex 3, now redesigns and renamed something else. I have a floor with full bug screen that I can use with this tent if I need to. I think the tent with nest (floor and screen) is 5 pounds total and just a hair over 2 pounds with just the tent as in my photos.

And yeah... the Monkey is a great all-rounder.

Thanks to you both for the comments!

Joe in Iowa

10:40 PM  
Blogger Michael Meiser said...

I assume the screen portion is a completely enclosed and sealed screen room with floor and zippers?

Great for winter or other non-bug trips no matter wether solo or multiple.


Though it looks like a very flexible tent for two or more people year round it looks a bit to big really for lightweight soloing the rest of the year.

In addition to the weight I imagine it packs up a bit bulky?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Mook said...

Hey Joe, How do you like those handlebars? I've been thinking about trying a pair, but haven't talked to anyone who has used them.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Mook... I just rode RAGBRAI with these and I had zero hand pain. I even rode 108 miles Thursday. I rode fully loaded, self contained all week. About 500 miles total. For gloves, I wear Mechanix work gloves... no padding. I LOVE these bars!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home