Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mason City CranksGiving '09

Mason City Iowa held their first CranksGiving ride today. The ride was a huge success with amount of food collected by the 53 riders in attendance. I took my Big Dummy since it's my grocery getter and it never gets to go for rides in the van. I also brought along my old hoopty Panasonic fixie to use in the trackstand competition. I had a great time and came home with some awesome prizes and made more awesome new bike friends. Thanks to all those who worked at putting this together and thanks to all of the sponsors for the prizes.
Some of the food collected
Womens winners (Russ is standing in for someone)
Mens winners - yes that is the amazing Dwight Beavers of Trans Iowa fame
Some hipster - forgot his name
Russ on his Xtracycle
Russ on his Xtracycle
My Big Dummy amongst the riders

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

Thanks for making the ride over. It was great to have you, and congratz on the trackstand win. Amazing work my friend. I'm looking forward to working with you to put on future events.

ERIC - NIBU

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol that 'Hipster' is my brother his name is Andrew =)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yeah, I found out from Seth's Facebook pics that this was Andrew Sorenson. Lots of cool people and I didn't get everyone's names. Looking forward to my next ride with the NIBU.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha yea i wasn't in Cranksgiving this year but im gonna be next year =D ill be the 14 year old girl on the white Fuji.
My brother wants to know when and where the NIBU ride is.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

There is an upcomming Roller Race series coming soon. Check
http://blog.nibu.info/ for info on the races.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay thank you =)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home