Friday, October 08, 2010

Relaxing Day Off

I had the day off today and took advantage of it by spending the day outside. Mike and I practiced some fire making at the park and I played around setting up my tarp as a shelter. Since it was so nice out, I decided to walk back to town along the Harry Cook Nature Trail. I loaded up my large ALICE pack and off I went. I discovered the spider below in the middle of the trail. I found out it's called a Marbled Orbweaver.
Marbled Orbweaver
Mike collecting tinder
Mike making breakfast
Tarp shelter

1 Comments:

Blogger Travel Gravel said...

I was night riding Saturday night and kept seeing a blue/green jeweled glint in the gravel. I finally investigated the next time and found it to be the eyes of some large-ish brown spiders! Nice out these days/nights. Also saw 5 skunks!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home