Saturday, July 15, 2006

Herrick Lake Forest Preserve

I spent the week in Lisle, Il. for work and brought my beater fixie along. Luckily, the Herrick Lake Forest Preserve is only a mile from the hotel I was at.
The Lake
"Coasting" on the fixie.
The reslult of trying to get a picture of myself "coasting" on the fixie. I think my foot slipped off the downtube and jammed the fender into the front wheel. I went OTB and got banged up pretty good. I've got some serious purple bruises. I had to twist the bars/stem back in line and tried to straighten the fender a bit. The mosquitos were swarming me like crazy too, Damn!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

doh!!

Peace

6:31 AM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

Looks a might bit painful. Hope you are recovering well. Is that front hoop a little wobbly or is it just my poor vision?

10:49 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

The rim is straight, but the fender got twisted up. My bruises are healing... they're changing from dark purple to yellow. Good times....

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home