Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Ramble

I got out for a nice little ramble around the county this morning. I checked up on one of my geocaches and found it a little damp inside. I'll have to get a better container out there sometime soon. I stopped on the way to make coffee and oatmeal, only to discover that I forgot to bring the HEET to fuel my stove. So today, I boiled water over a fire instead. Worked great, just sooted up the pot a little bit.
FIRE...
BOILING WATER...
Mmmmm... Coffee and oatmeal...
The snap-deck makes a nice table...
Joe is a happy boy....

2 Comments:

Blogger Pondero said...

Inspirational story as usual. Combining the time outdoors, a meal, and the bike is about as good as it gets.

Not familiar with "geocache". Can you elaborate?

3:37 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

http://www.geocaching.com/
Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home