Saturday, March 13, 2010

Long Time....

Long Time No Posting....
It's been 7 weeks since I had a bone tumor removed from my right leg. This is the longest I've gone without biking since I started riding in '98.
I have a couple more weeks on crutches, then I'm suppose to start using a cane. We'll see how that goes. Right now I'm starting to put a little weight on my right leg and it feels OK. Hopefully I'll be able to start biking to work in a few weeks too.
Doc says that bone grafts cane take 6 months to heal completely, so I'm suppose to take it easy on rough stuff this year. That means no mountain biking... no big deal, I've got miles of gravel roads in every direction from here.
Later...
Joe

8 Comments:

Blogger Travel Gravel said...

Joe, I had no idea that you were in such a way. I feel whimpy about what I went through with my arm last year! Best wishes to you. It is nice to know that bike riding can heal you;) Keep on!

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that dude. I guess that excuses no posting for awhile. And then some. Hope you feel better soon.

12:25 AM  
Blogger North Iowa SPIN said...

Heal well my friend!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

So you just gonna keep the beer iced down at dirtburger/

8:14 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hopefully I can make it over for Dirtburger this year. LOVE Decorah!! June is always busy and I missed it last year.

The upside is that I started biking to work and around town yesterday!!! Feels great to be on the bike. The Big Dummy makes hauling my cane easy too... just toss it in the back. I don't limp while on the bike and it's the first time in 9 weeks that I haven't felt like a guy with a gimpy leg.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Steve Fuller said...

Heal quickly Joe. There's camping to be done this year.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hey Steve! Just came in from putting my Nice Rack on the front of the K Monkey. getting out for some S24O's real soon.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Mook said...

Hey Joe,
I hadn't checked in for awhile and boy was I surprised to hear about your bone graft. That doesn't sound like fun at all! Take care of yourself and listen to what your body tells you as you get back on the bike.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home