Sunday, April 29, 2007

Trans Iowa

Here's some pics from the Trans Iowa race. I only rode 123 miles, but I was just happy to have completed my first ever century ride. In the end, it was my lack of training that kept me from going further. I just never had the drive to get out and ride more. Would I do it again??? Heck yeah! Thanks to Mark and Jeff for pulling it off and giving me the opportunity to ride through some beautiful countryside. For me, the highlight of the event was meeting and riding with so many awesome people.
Brian, who completed the course on his Matt Chester singlespeed.
Dave Pals
Paul
Rivendell Quickbeam... the only fixie to complete the course. Can't remember the owner's name.
Team Yazoo from Tennessee

6 Comments:

Blogger B I D W E L L said...

Nice Century +++ Good to hear you had fun- as if their was any doubt.
Can't wai to read all of the stories!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yeah, I had a great time and learned a lot.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Nice to finally meet you, Joe. It's always kind of funny when you meet someone from the web: "Hi! I'm Mark Stevenson....er.....Guitar Ted on the internet......yeah!"

Anyway, great to have you along for the ride. I'm glad you enjoyed the scenery. That was a goal of mine in the course design.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

Nice to have met and ridden w/ you. Enjoy the many future adventures on the coss check.

Dave Pals

10:28 PM  
Blogger Michael Meiser said...

Love that rivendell single speed. And that Matt Chester is a really interesting setup.

Thanks for posting the pics and stories btw. Been digging for coverage. It's hard to find, but well worth it.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Good job at TI. That sure was tough. I dropped out too.

Anyways, the Rivendell blogs to a guy named Ken. Here is his blog address.

http://reflectorcollector.blogspot.com/

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home