Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend in Decorah

I worked at the Trans Iowa checkpoint #2 Saturday. Because of the severe winds, we only had 5 riders make the checkpoint and the race had to be cut short by about 100 miles. Congratulations to the 5 finishers and to everybody who competed. I was able to get out Saturday and Sunday morning to ride the Decorah trails. The trails are awesome!
My home for Friday night.
Sweet singletrack
Little bit of water on the trails
Tim from the Twin Cities
1 of many switchbacks
Log ride
Are you SCARED?
Teeter-Totter
Because of the wind, I had to cook lunch inside my tent
Got Ramen? (with vienna sausages)
More trails
Log ride from different angle

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Joe, it was great seeing you again! That single track looks AWESOME!

I hope to run into you again soon.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

cool to see you again this year, Joe, though would have been cool to fight that wind together some... hopefully again next year.

also wish I could have made it to that checkpoint, but obviously that didn't work out... counting on you to help the Iowa contention to encourage Mark to do this again...

10:55 PM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

Good hangin with you Moj! Good call on the grille! Glad you got to crash at the roach motel- although you didn't tell me goodbye ;) Have a good time at the Spring Fling! Thnx for the pic!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Steve Fuller said...

Mojoe, Nice to finally meet you and the Monkey in person. Enjoyed talking with you and eating grilled meat products and beverages at Checkpoint 2. Hopefully we run into each other somewhere else on the trails or roads this summer.

11:19 PM  
Blogger . said...

thanks again for vounteering. wish i could have shared a beer with you at the 200 mile mark.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hey Dan... I had a cooler full of Fat Tire too. Thanks to guys for donating some Yazoo beer and making the long drive up for the race. I got to sample some Dos Parros and Hefeweizen. Great to hang out with you at the meeting. My other TI buds (Brian and Paul) were there too.

Keep on Rockin!!!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home